- Wikipedia is home of free knowledge – period!
- Wikipedia has over 20 million articles written by volunteers from all over the world, 3.8 million in English.
- Over 280 languages supported.
- Over 2.7 billion monthly views month.
- That’s – A third of the world uses Wikipedia.
Good Reasons Why We Should Contribute To Help Wikipedia Prosper.
Links personal appeals from Wikipedia volunteers.
1. Saving 1 Million Articles is like saving The Great Library Of Alexandria.
The Great Library Of Alexandria was the largest and most significant of the ancient world. It functioned as a major center for scholarship from the 3rd century BC until the Romans burned it down 27 years later. Some of the greatest minds like Archimedes, Pappus and Saint Catherine.
Humans have been fumbling with digital media and storage for some time but there seems to be no proper form of archiving or explaining actual human history, current knowledge, current languages, current expressions….its all fragmented at the moment – Wikipedia Solved That Problem.
2. Wikipedia Keeps You Up To Date With Current News.
3. It Quenches Your Thirst For Knowledge And Sometimes Turns Up With Stuff You Never Knew About.
4. There Are Still So Many Topics That Still Need Contributers And Careful Editing By Experts Around The World.
5. To Preserve Images Like These Ones. A Place where future generations can refer to – visually.
6. Wikipedia Is Available in Many Languages
7. Wikipedia Has A Good Archiving System
8. You Can Use Wikipedia To Write A Book For Free
9. You Can Check Out The Sources Anytime And Its Trustworthy Because You Can Discuss.
10. You can out check out changes to articles